Expat Health Insurance
If you’re looking for expat insurance while working abroad, we have you covered.
Depending on where you are in the world, healthcare might be expensive, difficult to access or unavailable publicly. Having peace of mind that you’re protected allows you to get on with your work safely and fully enjoy your new life in your destination country.
If you’re looking for expat insurance, read on to discover how you can safeguard your health in such instances with Cigna Healthcare.
What is expat health insurance?
Expat insurance is a global cover that can protect you and your family wherever you go. It’s a perfect catch-all choice if you work abroad, whether that’s in a single destination for extended periods, or multiple nations.
Worldwide cover, like expat insurance, makes it easier to navigate and understand the different levels and availability of healthcare between countries. There’s no registering with the local healthcare system or navigating cross-border medical care – just sign up to our expat insurance and you’re done.
What’s the difference between expat insurance and normal travel insurance?
Conventional travel insurance
Conventional travel insurance is usually suitable for short trips, like a business weekend or family holiday. This kind of cover offers immediate medical assistance, and then usually covers the costs associated with you returning to your home nation to continue treatment using your national health service.
Expat insurance has a level of permanence in that you can continue using it as you remain living in your chosen country. With expat insurance, you’re covered for full access to your host nation’s medical services, with no need to return home unless you want to.
Is expat health insurance necessary?
Insurance for expats is not a legal requirement in most countries.
This doesn’t mean that it’s not hugely important. Using the local system without insurance could result in high charges. You can’t predict medical emergencies. Our medical coverage means you’ll be financially protected when it comes to healthcare charges.
This is especially useful for those living abroad with families, a family expat insurance plan will cover the whole household. It’s intimidating enough moving away from home, but with Cigna Healthcare – you’re free to enjoy life as an expat without worrying about healthcare costs.
The benefits of expat insurance for working abroad
Worldwide expat insurance makes managing your healthcare on-the-go that much easier. If you live abroad or work in different nations for extended periods, give yourself peace of mind with a simple, one-stop health insurance plan that covers you wherever you go.
Other potential benefits include:
- Navigating healthcare options between multiple locations becomes easier to manage.
- Be sure you can receive the best possible local healthcare, if the worst does happen and you require support.
- Know what you’re paying – different nations have different charges. With international expat health insurance, you know that you’re covered ahead of time.
Choosing your international health insurance
Answer a few questions and enter your personal details to get started.
Choose your plan
Compare plans and find a flexible package to suit your needs.
Receive your quote and get protected today.
Why choose Cigna Healthcare for international expat health insurance?
- You can select the right plan for the right location.
- You’ll get access to a multilingual service with 24/7 availability.
- At Cigna Healthcare, we have a network of 1.65 million hospitals and medical specialists, with options in over 200 countries.
- So, wherever you start your new life abroad, you can guarantee that your health and wellbeing is in good hands with medical protection from Cigna Healthcare.